Monday, December 21, 2009

Steps for an at home facial?

I bought some new skincare products today to give myself a facial. I got Neutrogena Cleanser, Neutrogena Scrub, and Biore heating mask. I know I need to first use hot water to open pores, but do I rinse with cold water to close my pores before or after the mask? What I'm going to do is use hot water to open my pores, then wash with cleanser, then rinse with hot water, then use the scrub, then rinse with hot water. Then should I rinse with cold water and do the mask, or should I do the mask then rinse with cold water to close my pores? Also, I read that you could use the hot water rinse to open pores, but then I read somewhere to just use the steam from the water and don't actually touch it. But I was hoping to do the hot water and the cleanser and the scrub in the shower, so can I just do that? Or should I get in the shower and just hold my face near the steam for awhile before getting it wet? That doesn't really make sense why you wouldn't let your face touch the water because theSteps for an at home facial?
cleanse your face and remove with tepid water, apply your exfoliator in gentle circular motions concentrating on the T-zone and remove with tepid water. You could give yourself a little massage with some aromatherapy oils, then remove with a hot muslin cloth, apply your mask and remove with tepid water. Tone your face closing your pores and rebalancing the acid mantle and finish with a a moisturiser.Steps for an at home facial?
Rinse with cold water. It will feel better, Plus, opening your pores AFTER cleansing doesn't make much of a difference, so do what you find more enjoyable. It doesn't matter HOW you get your pores open, it just matters that you DO. Good Luck Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment