Monday, December 21, 2009

My cat stepped in facial hair bleach?

I was lightening my eyebrows, and my cat jumped on the counter and got her paw in some onf the bleach, i wiped it quickly and rinsed it as best i could. I hunted her down quickly afterward and really rinsed her paw off as well as her face because I noticed her left eye was tearing. she's now hiding under the bed after the ordeal, I figured I'd let her rest there as it seemed quite stressful for her. My husband keeps insisting ';shes fine, shes fine!'; Can someone else please let me know if she is indeed ';fine'; - has this happened to anyone? I'm just a little scaredMy cat stepped in facial hair bleach?
I'm sure she'll be fine, her eye was most likely tearing from the intense smell of the lightening kit. I know that my cat freaks out when I bleach my hair :]] lol. Just keep an eye on her, I'm pretty sure she didn't injest any of the liquid, and as long as you cleaned her paw off, it should be good. If she seems to get sick by the end of the night or tomorrow morning, it wouldn't hurt to take her into the vet.My cat stepped in facial hair bleach?
If you rinsed her paw immediately, you would have gotten most of the harmful stuff off! If her eye is tearing, it might be from a bit of bleach residue, but if it was such a small amount it shouldn't cause any real harm. Though it's probably rather unpleasant for her... :(





If you look at her paw and don't notice any actual bleaching of her fur/skin (you know how skin gets those white spots if you leave hair bleach on it...), it means there probably wasn't that much bleach left behind.
I would phone the vets for advice, it's possible some of the bleach went into her eye and would need immediate treatment.
spray her with a spray bottle and say no thats a bad kitty then beat it with the toaster so it learns it's lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment